Sunday, March 29, 2009

White Spring


Well, it looks like my delay in getting the garden ready to go this spring has been a good thing. Kansas City just got blanketed with 1/4 inch of ice and a few inches of heavy wet snow this weekend. So thankfully, I did not risk putting some of my early veggies out already like peas and lettuce. They will probably make it in the ground this week sometime.

The rest of our indoor veggies are doing well and will be ready to get into the ground once the last frost has passed. I just hope that this weather does not hurt the orchard. I am not sure of the status of the trees out there and whether or not they have bloomed yet.

This storm was a rather interesting one to watch develop out west and move into the Midwest. Most of Kansas was covered with over a foot of snow, with some places reporting drifts nearing 6 feet deep. Some of the highest snow totals that I saw were over 16 inches of snow. For a March storm, that is rather impressive.

I hope to have some photos of the plants growing uploaded, as well as a picture of what things look like here in KC soon.

No comments: